Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The girl who does yoga

Good afternoon,...

Namaste! I just started bicram yoga class last night with my gals and it totally agrees with me! I feel like a million. Plus, I am one of these people who is always cold, so in these winter-y months ahead of us I will very much look forward to the 100+ degree temperature inside the yoga room at Synergy studios.
Joan, who is my new teacher is really a kind soul and a great instructor. And of course, I love spending time with Alison, Kristine and Michele (The ORIGINAL "Alewives Girls"). We are a crazy group of women (1 Marine Biologist, 1 Dr. of Audiology, 1 future Lawyer and 1 designer- that's me!)and I like it that way. We sweated in places we won't talk about at parties, but this morning I feel great. Have already had one man tell me I looked (and this is a direct quote) "sort of... radiant." How cool is that? Sign me up!

Oh, and this has absolutely nothing to do with bicram, but I would be completely remiss if I didn't mention our new show in the gallery! From now until November 30, we are very pleased to have photos by Leon Vanella in the gallery at the shop. Leon's photographs are from all over the world AND from right here in the Mills. They are truly unique: not your run-of-the-mill "lighthouses" and "lobsterboats" (no offense to anyone who takes/enjoys photos of said subjects), but really different stuff. You can see his work online at www.leonvanella.com, or even better, you can stop by his Opening Reception this Friday night from 6:00-8:00pm. Leon AND his photos will be here at the shop.

That's all for now.
Have a namaste!

Rhea

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You totally know the one word I'm thinking right now. I'll leave it at that.

Rhea Butler said...

Mmmmm...could it possibly begin with an "A" and end with an "R" ????
Wait, how do you spell that, anyways?

Liz said...

Namaste, Rhea! By any chance, did the man's name start with an L??? Missing you all, Liz and Miss Elna

Rhea Butler said...

As a matter of fact, no... I know who you're thinking of, but the man in question was good old George!!! We miss you soooo!!!

c8rng2u said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
c8rng2u said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
c8rng2u said...

I have blanked out on where Synergy Studios is....my chiropractor has recommended Yoga and am looking in the Damariscotta area. Are you still loving it...and how is it for total beginners?