Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Just a little post today:
For future reference, here is a list of reasons why going to Bar Harbor on a Hurricane-y weekend is a GOOD thing:
1. Plenty of parking.
2. You have a REALLY good excuse to stay in a hotel (as opposed to staying in a campground, where the bathrooms are conspicuously farther away than in a hotel room).
3. Unbeknownst to you, it just might be "Free Park Weekend," and your entrance fee to Acadia will be waived leaving an extra 20 bucks for...
4. No lines at Jordan Pond House (The restaurant inside the park). I highly recommend going there in the EVENING for a change, especially when they give you a seat by the window AND near the fireplace, and ESPECIALLY when they have peach ice-cream on the menu.
5. There will only be a couple of other people at the top of Cadillac Mountain who are as crazy as you are. If I had a dollar for every time we uttered the phrase "Ooh, I bet there's normally a very nice view from here!"
6. If the fog DOES start to lift (and honestly, even if it doesn't), the park is still pretty beautiful.
That's all for now. More to follow. Have a great week!!!
Posted by Rhea Butler at 7:55 AM