Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New Books and Patterns!

There have been so many new patterns and books coming in our doors lately that I haven't had the time to blog about them, but I have a spare moment right now and I thought you might like to see all these new goodies:

First, the books!

We have gotten in Anna Maria Horner's new book Handmade Beginnings:
























This book has been getting so much press lately, and rightfully so.

It's no secret that I am a huge fan of Anna Maria's first book, Seams to Me.

It is my go-to book for the beginning sewer.

When I found out that Handmade Beginnings was coming out, I thought it would be very tough to follow-up that first book with something equally as wonderful.

You can probably guess where I am going with this...

The book is amazing.

I love all the projects, from the maternity clothes to the baby clothes to the home-decorator projects, this book is a smash hit.

And just a warning, this book will probably be single-handedly responsible for many, many babies being born.

If you don't know the exact position of your ovaries before reading this book, you certainly will by the time you finish.



And next is a book that for some reason has not had a lot of fanfare in Blogland, but I have been anxiously awaiting its arrival and was very glad to see it at our shop:























The Gentle Art of Quiltmaking by Jane Brocket is one of those books that inspires you by the photography alone.

The colors are delectable and each photo's composition is breathtaking, but that should come as no surprise to those of you who, like myself, are fans of Jane's blog.

This book is much more anecdotal than your typical how-to quilting book (which I love), but unlike her previous book, this time around Jane has included instructions for each of the projects.

The quilts and photography are gorgeous, but to me, the best reason for buying the book would be to read Jane's fabric suggestions.

In true Brocket-style, she goes into great depth about very specific fabrics that inspired her and if you are a fabric nerd like me, you will gobble this kind of literary fabric conversation up with a spoon.

Moving on to the patterns that have passed under our roof in the last few days, Heather Bailey has released a whole slew of new patterns:
























The New Leaf folding totes include patterns for grocery-market style tote bags that fold into their own teeny, tiny little purses and fit into your bag so that you can't forget them.

But really, who could forget a grocery tote that was as fabulous as one of these?

It makes me want to go grocery-shopping (in style) just looking at that pattern!
























The Flutterby Pincsuhion pattern
is adorable, n'est-ce pas?

And, not unlike their pincushion cousin Henrietta Turtle (who is now back in stock, by the way), these pincushions could also be sweet little baby toys as well.

We also have a pattern for Clara and Clancy Pig and I must admit that I am a bit fascinated by this pair. We are working on a shop sample for these guys (kits, too!), but I will have to post about that when they are done (just between you and me the little pig arms and legs that have been finished so far are super-cute).
























And last but not least from Miss Heather Bailey we received the Saturday Market Totebag pattern:
























Very cute, don't you think?

I will have to snap my fingers and wiggle my nose and see if we can get one of these whipped up for the shop, too.

And although these Denyse Schmidt patterns are not new, we have just received them at the shop, so they are new to us:























































































See, I told you we got a lot of new stuff in, didn't I?!?

All of these new goodies are available in the shop... come take a look!


XO,

Rhea

2 comments:

slgribb said...

OMG -- see you on Saturday!!! :)

Purlasana Susie

Anonymous said...

love the look of that first book- thanks for suggesting it! I'll be bringing baby by sometime this summer to get fabric for those projects :)