Sunday, July 1, 2012

Nani Iro 2012



When we first started carrying Japanese designer Naomi Ito's "Nani Iro" line here at Alewives, I knew I was absolutely smitten, but I didn't know how our customers would feel about the price.





My business associate (Mom) and I decided it was best to tread lightly:  we bought 4 or 5 bolts.

They sold out lickety-split and though we were able to re-order many of the fabrics, it took a minimum of 2 months for our reorders to arrive (still does, matter of fact).


 
 

Turns out or customers didn't mind the price of the Nani Iro's at all; but the wait for the Nani Iro's?

Now that they minded!

So, the next time we ordered we upped the ante.

We ordered a dozen new bolts.

(I bet you can guess where I am going with this...)

 

 

Nani Iro fabrics continue to be one of our best sellers, and when we saw the depth and breadth of the 2012 collection, we threw all thoughts of a (quote/unquote) "budget" out the window and ordered with abandon.


 Looking at these images of the 2012 collection, I'm sure you can see why.




 You can find all of the Nani Iro fabrics we have in stock on our Nani Iro page, right here.

What do you think, did we buy enough?

XO,

Rhea


PS...

Some of the 2012 fabrics have already sold out.

BUT...

the gorgeous brushed cottons that Amanda blogged about are back in stock and we have quite a bit to go around.

(We're learning to order enough of these things, and learning that sometimes, you just have to be patient and hurry up and wait!)



No comments: