Saturday, August 25, 2012

"Sew" much to share!

What happened to August (I feel like I say that every year... suspect this is never going to get better...)?

We had a fabulous weekend with Denyse Schmidt here at the shop.  Hard to believe a week has already gone by since Denyse's visit.  But you know what they say: time flies when you are having fun, and that has certainly been true lately!


Wanna see some photos of the weekend?  I have them posted onto our facebook page here.

Kyra also did an amazing write up about her experience in the Pure Improvisational workshop on Sunday... you can find that right here.  She also did a sweet post about my house... that girl makes me look good, I tell you! Thanks, Kyra!

And in the meantime, all kinds of fabric arrived...




I don't believe I mentioned that "Field Study," the newest collection by the lovely and talented Anna Maria Horner, had made its way to the shop, but it is steadily making its way back out again: some of the prints are already sold out!



And we received some lovely bolts from the "Ladies Stitching Club" collection by Liesl Gibson.  I do believe that this is my favorite collection from Liesl yet!  Love the colors in this one.





 Last but not least, we received our shipment of "Bella" by Lotta Jansdotter in the shop yesterday and I was able to post them online this morning.  This is one of the most anticipated collections ever.  I was a huge fan of Lotta's first collection, "Echo", and I am so thrilled to see "Bella" on our shelves.  I like these prints just as much, if not more.  

There are some other goodies on our new fabrics page: Cherry Christmas pre-cuts from Moda and some amazing new feather prints from Japanese company Kona Bay.  

All good stuff.

How's your summer winding down?  Are you feeling a bit wiped out, too?

I'll be ready for sweater weather and soup and knitting and pie-baking any day now, but it's still so hot here in Maine it feels as though all those days are still a long ways off.

In the meantime, I have a growing belly that reminds me time is marching on.  Remember when I told you a couple weeks ago that I didn't really think I was showing yet?  Yeah... that, um, is no longer the case.

XO,

Rhea

PS  I have a bureau "re-do" for the nursery that I am dying to share with you.  Ollie and I are just waiting on the new drawer knobs and then I'll do a proper post about the ONE thing we have bought brand new for the baby!  

1 comment:

Harris Aydan said...

This was a lovely bllog post