Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rainy days and Sundays

One of my biggest failures as a blogger is that sometimes I see the most amazing projects made from our fabrics and I get so caught up in the moment that I forget to grab the camera and take a picture for the blog.

But... every once in a while I remember.

Along those lines, my fabulous friend Donna stopped in this afternoon with a Winslow Market Tote that her daughter, Alison, had made for her.

























Don't you love it? Super cute.

The Winslow Market tote madness continues...

(Good job, Ali).


And just now, as I was writing this post, our most beloved "frequent flyer" Anne came in the shop, dressed in head-to-toe Alewives Fabrics, including her Winslow Market Tote, done up in Echino's Fall 2010 collection.














































Anne made the gorgeous raincoat you see here in Barbara's recent raincoat class.

The pattern is Amy Butler's "Hooded Raincoat and Runabout Jacket," which makes great use of all our gorgeous laminated fabrics.

The class was a huge hit, and I'm guessing there are quite a few ladies in the Midcoast area wearing their Hooded Raincoats these days.

Especially on a day like today when they are forecasting a whole week's worth of rain, I really wish I had one of these stylish raincoats for myself.

Maybe I can whip one up tonight (highly unlikely...), because speaking of sitting out in the rain...

In other news, I won't be back on the blog until Wednesday at the earliest.

Ollie won a pair of Red Sox tickets (much to my not-too-cool-calm-and-collected delight. I was the picture of shear insanity when they called his name and announced he was the winner... restraint has never been my "thing"... and I may or may not have had two glasses of wine and no lunch that day... *grimace*...) and so we are off to my old stomping grounds.

I'm really excited and I can't wait to see the public gardens at this time of year.

The forecast calls for rain, but I am going to pack my cutest splish-splash gear and pray really hard for good weather!

Look for us at the game tomorrow night: we'll be the ones all bundled up right behind first base, trying to catch a foul ball or two, eating our Fenway franks.

Have a great couple of days and I will see you all again soon!

XO,

Rhea

PS Just in case you haven't heard by now, you can find the Winslow Market Tote pattern for free right here. Thanks so much to Kathy Mack for designing such a cute bag, it really hits the spot here at Alewives Fabrics!

1 comment:

Iris E. said...

Have so much fun in Boston! Ick, hope it wasn't a rain-out...

I need to come down for some fabric inspiration. My sewing table has been accumulating all this non-sewing junk on it, which is always a sign that I'm not doing any sewing right now!!!!! Cleaning off that table!

I want some kind of cute shirtwaist dress pattern. I think I am up for a new challenge!

XO
Iris