Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sewing Lounge


Good Morning to everyone out and about,

I'm home, I'm home, I'm home, I'm home... It was very teary having my last day at school and saying goodbye to people (especially my Kalinah who has been the other pea in the pod with me for the last three years... that's her on the left in the photo with me), but now that I'm back in my lovely little town I feel ten pounds lighter and am settling right back into my "small town" rolls and routines again: breakfast with Grandma, a visit to our fabulous little library, check out how the Red Sox did last night (they won, by the way...of course they did!) and then into the shop to work until it's time for project night with my girls.

It's NOT a nice, toasty 80+ degrees out today... more like a wet, moldy, gray, mediocre 50 something. But, after those "April Showers" we got a week ago I'll take it. It's good sewing weather, anwyays. Speaking of sewing.... I would like to take this opportunity to announce that starting May 30th (the Wednesday after Memorial Day) Alewives wil be hosting a "Sewing Lounge" every Wednesday night from 4:00 to 8:30. What's a sewing lounge? It's when anyone can come in and use our resources (our tables, our cutting mats, rulers and rotary cutters... even our machines) and work on their project du jour. It's also a great time to get advice on things like binding, get caught up on class homework, pick out fabric for a new project (we're very helpful/opinionated that way) or just hang out with like-minded people and set time aside to get things done. I'm really looking forward to Sewing Lounge, especially as the weather gets warmer and the days longer. And, hey, we're always here working on stuff anyways, so we may as well make it official. So, like I said, beginning May 30th, you can count on the store being open every Wednesday until 8:30 and our staff being available to you... and it's all completely FREE!!! Also beginning Memorial Day, our hours will switch over to "Summer Hours" and we will be open 7 days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday we will be open from 10:00 to 5:00, Wednesdays and Fridays are our "late nights," and we will be open from 10:00 to 8:30 and Sundays we will be open from 12:00 to 5:00. How's that for convenient? See, we listen to you guys...

See you again soon!!!

Rhea

No comments: