Monday, May 12, 2008

Oliver+S: Chapter 1




Being the epicenter (or atleast vying for the title) of all things cool and hip in Midcoast Maine, we would be completely remiss if we didn't carry these totally cute new Oliver+S children's clothing patterns. We have the entire line in stock and so far, we are the ONLY shop in Maine to carry them. I read Leisl Gibson's blog regularly (www.disdressed.blogspot.com) and I am a huge fan of anything she does. It all turns to gold, and Oliver+S is her brand new company.

What do I like about these patterns? LOTS of things. I admit, I am partial to the name Oliver. Also, I am a sucker for great packaging, and these patterns are very well presented (each one comes with it's own cute paper doll for your little one- or you - to cut out and play with) and the instructions are well written and easy to follow. But even without the great name and presentation, I would still have fallen in love with the pattern line: these outfits are a great "fit" with our store (pun INtended), and they come in sizes that range from newborn to 5T. I have decided to make the "swingset tunic and skirt" for a display at our store and will keep you in the loop as to how it sews together.

I still haven't narrowed down my fabric choices yet, because new and wonderful stuff is arriving every time I turn around. I'm leaning towards the new "Fresh Squeezed" line by Sandy Gervais for Moda. Very cute and summer-y.

I would eventually like to make all of the outfits from the line to have on display at the store, but you know: one step at a time and all that jazz. Stay tuned the next few days as I chronicle the progress made on the "swingset tunic and skirt" by Oliver+S and thank you, Leisl for making these great new patterns!

No comments: