Sunday, April 12, 2009

Swapped!!!












Hi Guys,


Hope everyone had a nice Sunday, because we had a GREAT Friday.

In the end, there were 21 swappers and they brought their A-game.

There was so much swip-swapping going on, it would be impossible to recreate it all in blog form.

Instead, I am going to let the pictures tell the story here.

Sorry I couldn't get everybody's photo up here... there was just too much going on for me to get good photos of everything. Plus I was very busy eating all of the yummy food and drinking all of the yummy wine and planning all of the yummy stuff I was going to steal.

A few details:

I made an Amy Butler Blue Sky Sun Hat that went home with the lovely Miss Suki Bradley. I was glad that she got my hat, but also glad that it was swapped a couple of times first. Totally making more of those and blogging about it later...

I went home with Meredith Fossett's framed Mary McFarland-style fabric landscape. I love it.
I. LOVE. IT. You can see my extreme love for this inanimate object in the photo. I know it's wrong to be in love with (quote/unquote) "things," but if my house is ever on fire I ain't comin' out without this picture.

My neighbor, Jane, opened the landscape first and as soon as I saw it I knew it had to be mine. I told Jane not to get too attached... but in the end the landscape was swapped a couple of times and I had to steal it from Rina, which was even MORE fun!

Pam Hardy pulled the lucky number 1 out of the hat. After all of the crafts had been opened and swapped and stolen and admired, she went home with Nadine Raley's gorgeous beaded necklace.

I was so proud of all the crafts... and all the stealing!

These ladies were not shy about taking what they wanted and hey, that was the whole point.

If you missed out on it this time, don't pull that again.

We are doing another swap this Summer. I'm thinking August and will certainly keep everyone posted as soon as we nail down a date.

Start planning your craft NOW!

Thanks to everybody who came, because in the end, that's what made the Swap successful.

See you again soon,

XO,

Rhea

1 comment:

Iris E. said...

Joanie gave me the great news of the swap! Wow, she totally made out. I can't WAIT to see her booty (I mean the bag she brought home!)!!!
I am scheming a way to come down on Tuesday...without kids!

Looks like SO MUCH FUN. Yay for all of you lucky ladies. Maybe I will partake the next time around.

XO
Iris