Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wedding flowers workshop and an invitation for you!


















Fabric Rose from Little Birdie Secrets



Hello...

For those of you who are local I am holding my wedding flowers workshop this Friday night from 5:00 on and I would love to see you there!

You can bring your sewing machine if you like, or come as you are, prepared to help me make some fabric flowers that I will use in my wedding bouquet and in the decorations.

You don't need to know how to make fabric flowers, we'll all learn together.

Just like a real bouquet, I am going to try many different techniques to get different looking flowers.
















Ribbon Peony from Make it Do.


For those of you who want to get started, I found some great tutorials here, here and here.

Some of the techniques involve using a sewing machine and some don't.

Some are intricate and some aren't... there's something for everybody!!!

Here at the shop we will provide the materials, the instructions and lots of pizza.

If you come you just need to provide cheap labor and a smile.
















Lovely Fabric Flower from Simply Vintage Girl.


And in a wildly optimistic gesture I have an invitation for my blog readers who are not so local:

A couple of you had suggested that even though you live far away, you would like to make some flowers for my wedding as well.

I have to admit I love, love, love this idea!

If you would like to make me a flower or two I am inviting you all to do so... the wedding is not until October 23rd so you have plenty of time.

I cannot provide you with pizza, but I can promise to send a thank-you note!

If you would like to help out, I have no specific colors in mind: just a pretty rainbow of fabric flowers.

You can send them to me in care of the shop and know that they will make me smile a LOT on my wedding day.

That's all for now... I will be back next time with a big announcement of the class variety!



XO,

Rhea Daiute
C/O Alewives Fabrics
10 Main Street
Nobleboro, ME
04555

3 comments:

Pamela said...

this is a great idea! think of the community you're building. i'll get to work soon! wish i could come in person...

Kaylovesvintage said...

SO PRETTY...I got very long hair..so a flower like that would look wonderful

kennady said...

First,thanks to sharing your great ideas..those wedding flowers would looks so wonderful..