Monday, August 2, 2010

Back from the show


Another year, another quilt show done.

We are back and I am Ex. Haus. Ted.

Lots of trips back and forth to Augusta.

Lots of lugging things around.

Lots of schmoozing.

Lots of selling.

Lots of meeting up with people I only see once a year.

(You know who you are!!!)

And for all my complaining and exhaustedness, I have to admit that I kind of enjoy doing it.

But Mom and I are by no means what you would call "show people."



The booth looked like this:









































There you can see my La La Log Cabin quilt in the background.

Yes,... I finished (with a LOT of help) my La La Log Cabin.

The free patterns are finished as well.

Those of you who placed orders over the weekend (and from now on) will have a free La La Log Cabin "pattern-ish type thing" included as a free gift with your order.

Here's a close-up of the quilt where you can see Barbara's lovely machine-quilting:



















So, now that I have shown you what the booth looked like...

Here is what the shop looks like today:














































I don't know what it is about a messy shop that makes people want to visit us but I am going to remember that this is a good trick on slow days.

If you are one of the people who visited us over the weekend or today I am so, so sorry.

And now I believe you are all caught up with the Quilt Show.

In other news I find the new Iphone commercials really, really annoying.

Also I am the proud owner of a brand new really kick-ass eyelash curler and mascara.

I have the next two days off (thank goodness) and will probably spend them chillin' like a villain.


See you again soon!

XO,

Rhea

4 comments:

Jenny said...

oh good! new pattern in time for my next order...was admiring some new fabrics in your shop...the new tawn Alexander Henry! yipee! will there be any others or the 4 you have is what your are getting?
and is the ikat new? gonna need to get me some of that too!!
welcome back. your booth looks lovely!

Tina @ Squirrel Acorns said...

The booth, your La La Log Cabin quilt, and all the great fabrics were fab, fab, fab. And you were super-fab! I can't believe you remembered that I was working on a Turning Twenty with Daisy Chain. Crazy memory girlfriend. I read the new pattern over lunch and I can't wait to try something out! But, first I must finish that Turning Twenty!

Knitting Auntie (aka Sharon) said...

I loved your booth, you had just what I wanted and the free non-patterns are lovely...I see a LaLa in my future.

I can't wait to do a mid-coast personal shop hop and check out your shop later this year.

Kaylovesvintage said...

you booth looks really good and I see so much wonderful fabric...guess I""m getting a eye for good fabric..lol