Friday, August 20, 2010

Garment fabrics are here!

Waiting for Ollie to come home and bring me a smoothie.

Thought it might be a good time to announce that we now have soooo many garment fabrics that we thought it would be a good idea to round them all up and give them their own page.

So, there you have it...

Voiles, lawns, corduroys aaannnddd...

A new selection of wool shetlands (just in time for fall!)

as well as...

Cotton jersey interlock knits!

The knits up in the shop at this time are all from Michael Miller, but very soon they will be joined by Liesl's knits from the new City Weekend line for Moda.

I'm especially excited to launch this new Garment Fabrics Page because for me it marks a successful new transition for the shop:

I would not categorize us as a "Quilt Shop" now (although quilting cottons will always be our number one love), but instead, we are a true "Fabric Store", with lots of different options.

I can't wait to bust out my ball-point needle and sew something tunic-y up from this!

(Very Audrey, don't you think?)

See you again soon-ish.

XO,

Rhea

2 comments:

greyling said...

Hi Rhea- I didn't know how to contact you via email so here is something that has nothing to do with this post...or maybe it does. There's a new sewing book out called Sew Retro: A Stylish History of the Sewing Revolution....see Betz White's blog. It looks like something you might like for the shop. It has some great patterns, both clothing and accessories, in the styles of various different fashion times going back to the 30s. Just a thought. Have a good weekend.

Susan (the one who was in more days than not this week!)

Tina @ Squirrel Acorns said...

Awesome! Love to see those all in one place, and I love that we are starting to see more designer knits. I finally busted out my serger and I need to learn to use it! Hard to do that when you only have ugly knits to choose from. Not very inspirational. I might have to get that new Oliver+S pattern, the nature pullover and knit pants pattern.