Saturday, August 28, 2010

Oliver+S Trunk Show






















View A of the Jump Rope Dress and the Ice Cream Dress


The Oliver+S Trunk Show arrived yesterday afternoon with samples of each garment from the spring pattern line done up in Denyse Schmidt's "Hope Valley" fabrics.
























View B of the Jump Rope Dress


This dress above is actually not part of the Trunk Show, but is one of our permanent samples from here at the shop: view B of the Jump Rope dress, which in my opinion is the cutest thing going.

If I was a little kid I would totally wear this version of the Jump Rope Dress with a pair of jeans and find someone to knit me a mahogany colored cardigan to go with it, and then kick through the leaves on my way to school, happy as a clam, but that is just me and my wild imagination.























Music Class Blouse and Pleated Skirt


The Music Class Blouse has been getting the most attention: it is so sweet and delicate with the pintuck details.

And both the blouse and skirt are super-wearable.

I can think of so many ways to use both pieces, either together or separately.





























School Days Raincoat






























Sketchbook Shirt and Shorts


The great thing about this particular Trunk Show is that if you like any of the samples, we have all of these patterns and fabrics in stock and you could easily recreate the look, or of course you could try your own take on the patterns.

If you are in the area and would like to stop by and see the samples in person, they are here through Labor Day, when they will be shipped back to the Oliver+S studio in NYC.

Have you been to Liesl's blog lately?

If not, you should take a look at her idea for an adult-sized version of the Ice Cream Dress... I love this idea and would love to see it come to fruition.

And, if you are a regular reader of this blog please stay tuned for a very big "Oliver+S-y" announcement coming soon...

The Fall patterns will be arriving in September aaannnddd...

It seems that Liesl would like to come and join us here at the shop and teach a workshop on one of the new Oliver+S fall patterns... and we, of course, would love to have her!

I really do have all kinds of tricks up my (Jump Rope Dress View B) sleeve.

XO,

Rhea

5 comments:

DianeY said...

View B is so cute-I didn't know there was a view B so thanks for showing it!
Also, I received the magazines I ordered from you. Thanks for shipping them so quickly! I love them!

Jenny said...

i agree, view B is darling!

such exciting news for the shop! wish (again) i was closer!

im giving myself a headache trying to see around your shop in the pictures!! what a lovely place to be!

mel said...

Again, I am so jealous that I don't live close enough to come by for this!!

Tina @ Squirrel Acorns said...

OOOOHHHH....I would love a Liesl workshop!! I actually have the ice cream dress sitting on my sewing table but haven't tackled it yet. I'm working on the ModKids Nina instead. Ice cream social will be next!

Trisha said...

I too would LOVE to attend a workshop by Liesl. I have two little girls and would love to make them a dress for the fall. I can't wait for more details to come!