Thursday, February 17, 2011

Winslow Market Tote Chronicles: Episode 5
























So, I was kind of hoping to get better pictures of this particular bag: pictures with my now 13 year old (as of Friday February 13th) sister modeling.

But manashevitz, that gal is busy, busy, busy. Almost as busy as me!

I had visions of a much cuter post, but sometimes you have got to let these things go.

Especially when you need to clear your sister's schedule with her manager (also known as my business associate and oh yeah, our MOM!).

We are a bit like Romeo and Juliet. Two ships passing in the night.

I was able to snag her bag, but not the girl herself for a photo shoot.

The girl herself is busy with math meets (not sure where the love of/aptitude for math comes from: not from me, I assure you!) and she is playing one of the lead roles in her school's production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" (That bit she gets from me, for sure!).

Anyhow, here is the Winslow Market Tote I made her for Christmas.
























I love how it turned out: just right for toting things to and from math meets and play rehearsals.

The fabric is from Heather Ross' "Mendocino" line that has now been discontinued, plus one of the Echino solids for the bottom of the bag and the lining.

And as always, the fabulous Winslow Market Tote pattern, designed by the equally fabulous Kathy Mack is available for free here.

I love ya, Noo Noo: you thirteen year old, you! Don't get any older okay?

XO,

Rhea

9 comments:

Andrea said...

cute!

mommyk8 said...

Beautiful bag! I love the fabric, and the pattern. Do you think it would be good for a beginner?

Iris E. said...

Dang, girl, you're on a roll with them totes! I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine. It is just the right size for me and I get lots of compliments. What I love about bags is that...it's just a bag!!! So you can be free and just not as pickypicky about perfect fabrics as for a garment or quilt or whatever.

OK, so I am envisioning a skirt for myself, thinking summer, and I want to know whether there might be a pattern out there that matches my vision. I don't have garment lingo, so I will have to come by and draw it for you. Can you help????

XOXO
Iris

PS My word verification is hobilly, which I really kind of like.

--- Ruth --- RuRebo --- said...

Wonderful Tote!
I like it very much!

Anonymous said...

Aww....Thanks Sis!
Mom never told me you needed me! I always have time for you! I love my bag sooo much, I use it for EVERYTHING. Thanks again!
-NOO NOO

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhea,
Just wanted to let you know that I awarded you a Versatile Blogger award here: http://adelaidelemonade.typepad.com/adelaide-lemonade/2011/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

I'm dying to get back up to the shop one of these days! I have some newly addicted friends I'm hoping to drag along. I hope we can still get a Maine sewing group going.

Katie (from NEMQG)

fialka012 said...

Hezká...

jony said...

Beautiful bag! I
i like it..........

Joan and Kevin said...

I made the bag and it came out fabulous! I am going to be bringing it on my cruise. Thanks for showing us yours.