Thursday, October 18, 2007

Eats and Treats



Yesterday afternoon, after a lovely visit with my friends Kristine and Allison and Kristine's beautiful kids Maxin and Renner, I returned to the shop for sewing lounge only to find the parking lot full of cars. Out of one of these cars stepped my friend Natalie, who screeched at me, "You're LATE!!!" This was true, I was supposed to be there at 4:00 and the combination of fresh baked cookies, tea, friends and babies was sooo hitting the spot that I didn't want to leave. So, as Natalie reminded me, I was late. After screeching at me (There really is no other word for it), she added, with a smile on her face, "I brought you an Italian sandwich..." Now, anybody who brings me food is on my good list. And that brings me to today's topic of discussion: people bringing me things at the shop.

I don't know what it is about me, but people bring me little offerings at the shop. Completely un-solicited, too, I might add. I've had people bring me a rainbow array of goodies, including chicken soup, pastrami sandwiches, brownies, cookies, christmas ornaments, books, a stained glass quilt square for my new house, gourmet chocolate (Green&Black's), not-so-gourmet chocolate (Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Pumpkins), and my personal favorite was a Strawberry Daquiri made with freshly picked local strawberries, still in the blender cup (Thank You, Allison!!!) How do you like those apples? And now, Italian sandwiches. I told Natalie that I liked it when people brought me stuff at the shop. I said it made me feel loved. She screeched at me AGAIN "Of course you're LOVED!!!," like that was the craziest thing she'd ever heard.

Anyways, I guess the point is that sometimes I feel so lucky to do what I do and I appreciate it when people kind of "take care of me" back. So, this really has nothing to do with anything, but for all those people living so far away who read this blog to keep up with the goings on in Damariscotta Mills, or for anyone who's not lucky enough to live in Maine in October, here's a little, unsolicited treat for YOU... the foliage around here lately has been ROCK STAR quality and I thought I might perhaps share with you. And to everyone who's ever brought me a little something something at the shop or elsewhere...keep up the good work, will ya?
XOXO Rhea

1 comment: