Thursday, October 8, 2009

I cheated and I scored

AlewivesGirl confessions:


I cheated on Alewives Fabrics with another fabric store yesterday...


















I wanted some old-fashoined-y stuff and I knew just where to get it.

Mom and I went to the Busy Thimble in Litchfield and I got some great repro's that are going to become a wallhanging in my kitchen very shortly.























The plate is one of a pair that I found this weekend while Ollie and I were out "Antiquing."

(They will also be hanging on the wall very shortly).

The plates and fabrics and tablecloth all match quite well, don't you think?



And I think you will agree that I scored when I found this coat in our local consignment shop.























It is going to be my wedding coat.

Ollie and I are getting married outside (hopefully) about a year from now.

It is going to be chilly-ish (hopefully) so it was very important to me to have a wedding coat to wear over my dress.

It is what people are going to see me wear when we tie the knot.

I did have it in my head that I was going to wear a turquoise coat over my dress... something akin to the fabric in the curtains in the photo above.

I don't know why I thought that... I just had it in my head.

That would have been very "Sound of Music" of me, don't you think?

But when I saw this in the shop (I was looking for Fall sweaters, not wedding coats, mind you) I loved it.

I tried it on and it literally fit me like it was tailored for me and that was that.

It is brand new, with tags and spare button still attached and the fabric is gorgeous and soft, but what I love the most is that I got it locally and second-hand.

Vintage it is not and thrifty it was not but oh how I love it.

I feel very "Bride-y" now.

And very "Sarah Jessica Parker-y."

And that is the story of how I cheated and I scored.

See you again soon!

XO,

Rhea

PS

Did you watch NieNie on Oprah yesterday? I thought she was amazing.

6 comments:

Beej said...

Love the Jacket! It must look amazing on you!

Kate said...

Hi there
I love the wedding coat really classy, and how lovely it fitted you so well.
Great blog by the way.
Take care
Kate

Jayne said...

Oh Rhea I LOVE LOVE LOVE the coat! I bet you look stunning in it! Did Ollie see it? Love the cheater peter fabrics too! And yes, Stephanie was fantastic on Oprah! I only wished the whole show was on her story - she's has an amazing calmness and strength I so admire. Thought it was great they paired that other mom with her for a day...perspective is good medicine! Hope to visit you soon!
Jayne

Heather said...

That is a stunning coat, and everything else is just gorgeous. Enjoy!

Ravenhill said...

Your wedding coat is so lovely. This is going to be so pretty on you.
~emily xx

greensteinfamily said...

Great blog! Is that glue you are using on the pumpkin?