Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Vintage Goodies from the Netherlands

Hello and good morning to you!


A few weeks ago I signed up for an online Vintage Swap.

I was partnered up with the lovely Kay of Kay Loves Vintage.

Kay is from the Netherlands (which I was secretly THRILLED about because what's better than vintage goodness? European vintage goodness!).

I sent her a parcel a few days ago.

Yesterday in my mailbox I found a parcel of my own!

(Don't you love the word Parcel?)

And anyways, here is what Kay sent me:























The coolest, cutest tin ever... each side has a different illustration of children underneath an umbrella being rained on by chocolate sprinkles ("Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", eat your heart out!).



Oh, wait a minute, excuse me, THIS is the coolest, cutest tin ever...
























...along with a blue glass candle-holder and a Royco tea cup and saucer!

(*Love*)




Aaand, as if that weren't enough, I also got these:


















Stroopwafels (delicious waffle-y cookie/biscuits that are oh-so good with your morning tea as evidenced by the already opened package), bird napkins, a bird applique patch and a postcard from Amsterdam!

Did I completely luck out with my partner or what?

The answer is yes.

It's like Kay has known me for years and not someone I met a few weeks ago on the internet.

I can't wait for Kay to receive her package from me (she was very fun to shop for) and then I will tell you all about what was sent to her.

In the meantime, go visit Kay's blog.

You will love it and tell her Hi from me.

Her little girl Nila is in the hospital for (scheduled) surgery so I bet she would love all the well-wishes she can get.

I've been a little girl who had surgery and missed a lot of school myself, so I know how Nila feels.

Now that I am older I understand how Kay must feel as well.

(Hopefully looking forward to a vintage parcel from Maine will help to pass the time!)

Thanks so much , Kay, for all of my goodies.

They make me smile and bring a little bit of the Netherlands (and you!) into my home.

XO,

Rhea


PS ... BIG thanks go out to Heather for setting up the Vintage Swap... Best. Idea. Ever.

Keep your eye out for the next Swap and you can get in on the action, too!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed it! Looks like a wonderful package, and how fun that you and Kayla connected so much.

Have a great day

chandelier said...

I also love the word parcel